Photographed by Herman J. Li @ HITORI PRODUCTION
Weeks ago I’ve shared with you the makeup trend of 2013 Spring/Summer, lectured by MAC Cosmetics.
Bringing home with me a few of their makeup products (thanks a lot MAC!) ,
I decided to do my everyday style makeup tutorial / review based on it:
Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm Compact SPF 30/PA
Prep + Primt Transparent Finishing Powder
Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation
Archie’s Girl Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner
Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Posh Tone
Veluxe Brow Liner
Pressed Pigment in Angelic
— ON FACE —
1. To start from the base, I’ve first put on the NEW Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm Compact SPF 30/PA.
The against UV light and pollution shield helps moisturize your skin, and in the same time balance up your skin tone.
2. Put on the Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation. I personally likes this foundation a lot because
with the smooth textures, it blends very well and covers your pores and frackles perfectly by only applying a thin layer.
There are a total of 14 colours available, and I’m sure there’s definitely one that matches with your skin tone no matter what nationality you are.
3. Since I don’t have a MAC concealer, I decided to stick with my YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT Concealer Pen
(in shades of 2 : Luminous Ivory and 3.5: Luminous Almond ), they covers my dark circle and eye bag so well!
4. Set still my makeup with Prep + Primt Transparent Finishing Powder.
The best thing about this powder is that it’s in colourless white, allowing everyone to have their makeup as natural as possible.
Apply on you cheekbones, nose, and brow bone creates a highlight effect, thus lifting up your face features.
It is very portable and convenient for retouching our makeup on the streets.
— ON EYES —
I always have skin tone colours for my everyday makeup.
It goes naturally, and not exaggerate at all even if its in light smoky effect.
5. A black inner eye-liner always comes first when doing my eye makeup, it avoids my eyes looking sleepy and droopy.
As I don’t have any from MAC, Bobbi Brown’s black eye cream will always be my choice.
6. Coming next will be the outer liner. Again, I usually will use Bobbi Brown’s black eye cream as a base before applying eyeshadows,
but with Archie’s Girl Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner, I can combine the two steps easily.
Seriously, this is the SMOOTHEST and most CONVENIENT eyeliner I’ve ever used,
just a light draw on your lids, there you have, a shimmery brown eyeline,
and with a bit of smudging, there you have, a light smoky eye.
Fast, smooth, and easy.
7. Last but not least, a bit of highlights on the outer corner of your eyes and on your brow bone area.
Here I’m using MAC’s Pressed Pigment in Angelic.
The density of shimmers to apply is very easy to control, it all depends on how much you rub or smudge it,
in this tutorial, I’ve used my pinky finger instead of the makeup brush when applying.
8. Drawing the perfect brow isn’t easy, and I’m still learning how to mastered the skill.
MAC’s Veluxe Brow Liner comes in 5 shades of brown, the one the I’m using may look a bit light when tested on hand.
But when I applied it on my brows, the brown actually matches with my brow and hair colour so well.
9. The last part in finishing my eye makeup will be applying mascara.
Again, as I don’t have any from MAC, I’ve used my own Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Sexy Blacks Mascara.
Don’t forget to apply the lower lashes as well!
Oh yes, the white base coat is very important, it strengthen your lash and prevents them from falling out,
very useful for people like me, who apply makeup on almost everyday.
10. For my cheeks, currently, I’m using my DIOR Rose Brazilia Bronze Harmony Blush
11. The very very last step in complete your makeup will be choose the right lipstick!
I’ve been a fan of MAC’s lipstick for a long time, they are very moisturize, and also offers a wide variety of colours.
The Mineralize Rich Lipstick in Posh Tone has a slightly bigger surface than the rest, making it more convenient when applying.
And with the new add-in minerals, it prevents our lips in being dry, thus keeping the colour more long-lasting.
I really like the nude colour, and I’m very sure that you’ll see me on this lip colour a lot in the very near future.
Hope you enjoy my brief makeup tutorial and MAC product reviews =)